The mission of the Northern Virginia Falls Prevention Alliance (NVFPA) is to maximize independence and improve quality of life of older adults by reducing falls and fall-related injuries. Alliance members work collaboratively to assure availability of, access to, and utilization of a coordinated and comprehensive system of community-based falls prevention programs and practices in the region.
1. COMMUNITY EDUCATION: To improve the fall prevention knowledge and behaviors of older adults and caregivers through community education and awareness efforts.
2. CAPACITY: To establish and sustain a sufficient number and variety of falls prevention programs to meet the needs of the Northern Virginia community.
3. INFRASTRUCTURE: To create a sustainable system which identifies needs, existing resources, and gaps in falls prevention programming and activities.
4. POLICY: To provide information to organizational and local and state leaders resulting in legislation, regulations, and policies that address falls prevention interventions.
5. EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES: To create easy and accessible tools for healthcare providers, older adults, and caregivers to utilize in order to reduce the risk of falls.
6. DATA: To capture quality falls-related data in order to monitor trends and assess change.
Are you ready to network? Join this action-oriented alliance to reduce falls and improve the quality of life for older adults. Click here to become involved.